References for Seth Ward
Version for printing
- Robert Alan Hatch, Seth Ward, in Thomas Hockey (ed.) Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers (2007), 1195-1196.
- Biography by John Henry in Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford, 2004).
- A G Debus, Science and education in the seventeenth century: the Webster-Ward debate (London, 1970).
- R J King, Handbook to the Cathedrals of England: Southern Division (1903).
- W Pope, The life of the right reverend father in God, Seth, lord bishop of Salisbury (1697).
- W Pope, Life of Seth, Lord Bishop of Salisbury (reprint of ) (Oxford, 1961).
- E A O Whiteman, The episcopate of Dr Seth Ward, bishop of Exeter (1662-1667) and Salisbury (1667-1688/9), with special reference to the ecclesiastical problems of his time [DPhil dissertation] (University of Oxford, 1951).
- Mathematics: John Wallis and Seth Ward; Newton, in The Cambridge History of English and American Literature VIII (XV. The Progress of Science) (1907-21).
- J E B Mayor, Seth Ward, Notes and Queries, 2nd Series 7 (1959), 269- 70.
- H W Robinson, An Unpublished Letter of Dr Seth Ward Relating to the Early Meetings of the Oxford Philosophical Society, Notes and Records of the Royal Society of London 7 (1) (1949), 68-70.
- Seth Ward's Vindiciae Academiarum, in The Cambridge History of English and American Literature IX (XV. Education) (1907-21).
JOC/EFR July 2008
The URL of this page is: