References for Irving Stringham
Version for printing
- C A Elliott, Biographical Dictionary of American Science: The Seventeenth Through the Nineteenth Centuries (Greenwood Press, Westport, Connecticut, London, 1979).
- The Johns Hopkins Circulars. December 1879-September 1882 (John Murphy and Co., Baltimore, 1882).
- C C Moore, Mathematics at Berkeley: A History (Taylor & Francis, 2007).
- T Robbin, Shadows of Reality: The Fourth Dimension in Relativity, Cubism, and Modern Thought (Yale University Press, 2008).
- Dean of Berkeley Faculty Succumbs. Professor Irving Stringham Dies After Illness of More Than a Year, The San Francisco Call (6 October 1909).
- S L Hove, Review: Elementary Algebra, by C Smith and Irving Stringham, The School Review 3 (4) (1895), 240-243.
- S L Hove, Review: Elementary Algebra (Complete Edition), by C Smith and Irving Stringham, The School Review 3 (8) (1895), 511-512.
- P Saurel, Review: Uniplanar Algebra, by Irving Stringham, The School Review 2 (4) (1894), 241-242.
- Stringham, Irving (1847 - 1909), Science Educators, Mathematicians, American National Biography Online (February 2000).
- J F Tyler and L Swift, Irving Stringham, Harvard College Class of 1877 Seventh Report On the Occasion of the fortieth Anniversary of Graduation June 1917 (Plimpton Press, Norwood, Massachusetts, 1917), 253- 258.
JOC/EFR October 2015
The URL of this page is: