References for Grigori Yakovlevich Perelman
Version for printing
- M Gessen, Perfect Rigor: A Genius and the Mathematical Breakthrough of the Century (New York, 2009).
- 2006 Fields Medals awarded, Notices Amer. Math. Soc. 53 (9) (2006), 1037-1044.
- L Bessières, G Besson and M Boileau, The proof of the Poincaré conjecture, according to Perelman, in The scientific legacy of Poincaré (Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2010), 243-255.
- R Ezhil K, The man who refused the Fields Medal may also refuse a million dollars, Current Sci. 98 (10) (2010), 1279-1280.
- A Jackson, Conjectures No More? Consensus Forming on the Proof of the Poincaré and Geometrization Conjectures, Notices Amer. Math. Soc. 53 (8) (2006). 897-901.
- B Kleiner and J Lott, Notes on Perelman's papers, Geometry & Topology 12 (5) (2008), 2587-2855.
- N Lobastova and M Hirst, World's top maths genius jobless and living with mother, The Daily Telegraph (20 August 2006).
- J Lott, The work of Grigory Perelman, International Congress of Mathematicians I (Eur. Math. Soc., Zürich, 2007), 66-76.
- D Mackenzie, Breakthrough of the year. The Poincaré Conjecture-Proved, Science 314 (5807) (2006), 1848-1849.
- J Mullins, Prestigious Fields Medals for mathematics awarded, New Scientist (22 August 2006).
- S Nasar and D Gruber, Manifold Destiny: A legendary problem and the battle over who solved it, The New Yorker (21 August 2006).
- A Osborn, Russian maths genius may turn down $1m prize, The Daily Telegraph (27 March 2010).
- D Overbye, An Elusive Proof and Its Elusive Prover, The New York Times (15 August 2006).
- J A Paulos, He Conquered the Conjecture, The New York Review of Books (23 December 2010).
- J Porti, 2006 Fields Medal: Grigori Perelman (Catalan), SCM Not. No. 23 (2007), 50-51.
- Press Release, 2006 Fields Medal: Grigori Perelman.
- J Randerson, Meet the cleverest man in the world (who's going to say no to a $1m prize), The Guardian (16 August 2006).
- S Robinson, Russian Reports He Has Solved a Celebrated Math Problem, The New York Times (15 April 2003).
- A M Vershik, J Bourgain, H Kesten and N Reshetikhin, The mathematical work of the 2006 Fields medalists, Notices Amer. Math. Soc. 54 (3) (2007), 388-404.
JOC/EFR July 2011
The URL of this page is: