References for Narayana
Version for printing
- D Pingree, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
- G G Joseph, The crest of the peacock (London, 1991).
- R C Gupta, Narayana's method for evaluating quadratic surds, Math. Education 7 (1973), B93-B96.
- T Hayashi, Narayana's rule for a segment of a circle, Ganita Bharati 12 (1-2) (1990), 1-9.
- K Jha and J K John, The rules of arithmetic progression according to Narayana Pandita, Ganita-Bharati 18 (1-4) (1996), 48-52.
- V Madhukar Mallayya, Various methods of squaring with special reference to the Lilavati of Bhaskara II and the commentary Kriyakramakari of Sankara and Narayana, Ganita Sandesh 11 (1) (1997), 31-36.
- P Singh, Narayana's method for evaluating quadratic surds and the regular continued-fraction expansions of the surds, Math. Ed. (Siwan) 18 (2) (1984), 63-65.
- P Singh, Narayana's rule for finding integral triangles, Math. Ed. (Siwan) 18 (4) (1984), 136-139.
- P Singh, Narayana's treatment of magic squares, Indian J. Hist. Sci. 21 (2) (1986), 123-130.
- P Singh, Narayana's treatment of net of numbers, Ganita Bharati 3 (1-2) (1981), 16-31.
- P Singh, The Ganita Kaumudi of Narayana Pandita, Ganita-Bharati 20 (1-4) (1998), 25-82.
- P Singh, Total number of perfect magic squares : Narayana's rule, Math. Ed. (Siwan) 16 (2) (1982), 32-37.
JOC/EFR November 2000
The URL of this page is: