References for Arthur Milne
Version for printing
- Biography in Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- M C Johnson, Time, knowledge and the Nebulae : an introduction to the meanings of time in physics, astronomy, and philosophy, and the relativities of Einstein and of Milne (London, 1945).
- H Kragh, Cosmology and controversy (Princeton, 1997).
- G Gale and J Urani, Philosophical midwifery and the birthpangs of modern cosmology, Amer. J. Phys. 61 (1993), 66-73.
- G Gale and J Urani, Milne, Bondi and the 'second way' to cosmology, in The expanding worlds of general relativity, Berlin, 1995 (Boston, MA, 1999), 343-375.
- A J Harder, E A Milne, scientific revolutions and the growth of knowledge, Ann. Sci. 31 (1974), 351-363.
- H Kragh, Cosmo-physics in the thirties, Hist. Studies Physical Sci. 13 (1982), 69-108.
- W H McCrea, Edward Arthur Milne, Obituary Notices of Fellows of the Royal Society of London 7 (1950-51), 421-443.
- M Weston Smith, E A Milne and the creation of air defence: some letters from an unprincipled brigand, 1916-1919, Notes and Records of the Royal Society of London 44 (2) (1990), 241-255.
- M Weston Smith, E Arthur Milne, Personal communication (10 Feb 2000).
JOC/EFR October 2003
The URL of this page is: