References for Li Shanlan
Version for printing
- W-S Horng, Li Shanlan, the impact of Western mathematics in China during the late 19th century, Ph.D. Thesis, City Univ. New York (New York, 1991).
- J-C Martzloff, A history of Chinese mathematics (Berlin-Heidelberg, 1997).
- J-C Martzloff, Histoire des mathématiques chinoises (Paris, 1987).
- Q Han, Li Shanlan's 'Chinese theorem' and the discussions among the Europeans. (Chinese) Stud. Hist. Nat. Sci. 18 (1999), no. 1, 7-13.
- J-C Martzloff, Li Shanlan (1811-1882) and Chinese traditional mathematics, Math. Intelligencer 14 (4) (1992), 32-37.
- Y Wang, Li Shanlan : forerunner of modern science in China, in Chinese studies in the history and philosophy of science and technology 179 (Dordrecht, 1996), 345-368.
JOC/EFR December 2003
The URL of this page is: