References for Thomas Allen
Version for printing
- Biography by A J Turner, in Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford, 2004).
- I R F Calder, John Dee Studied as an English Neo-Platonist (Ph.D. Dissertation, The Warburg Institute, London University, London, 1952).
- A Clark (ed.), Brief lives, chiefly of contemporaries, set down by John Aubrey, between the years 1669 and 1696, 1 (1898), 26-28.
- M Foster, Thomas Allen (1540-1632), Gloucester Hall and the survival of Catholicism in post-Reformation Oxford, Oxoniensia, 46 (1981), 99-128.
- A G Watson, Thomas Allen of Oxford and his Manuscripts' in M B Parkes and A C Watson (eds.), Medieval scribes, manuscripts and libraries: essays presented to N R Ker (Scolar Press, 1978).
JOC/EFR July 2012
The URL of this page is: