Doubling the cube references
References for: Doubling the cube
Version for printing
- M R Cohen and I E Drabkin (trs.), A source book in Greek science (Harvard, 1948).
- T L Heath, A history of Greek mathematics I (Oxford, 1931).
- W R Knorr, The ancient tradition of geometric problems (Boston, 1986).
- W R Knorr, Textual studies in ancient and medieval geometry (Boston, 1989).
- I Thomas, Selections illustrating the history of Greek mathematics : Vol 1 (From Thales to Euclid) (London, 1967).
- I Thomas, Greek mathematical works (London, 1939).
- J Delattre and R Bkouche, Why ruler and compass?, in History of Mathematics : History of Problems (Paris, 1997), 89-113.
- K Saito, Doubling the cube : a new interpretation of its significance for early Greek geometry, Historia Math. 22 (2) (1995), 119-137.
JOC/EFR April 1999
The URL of this page is: