References for: London Coffee houses and mathematics
- A I Dale, Most honourable remembrance : The life and work of Thomas Bayes (New York- Berlin- Heidelberg, 2003).
- B Lillywhite, London Coffee Houses : A reference book of coffee houses of the seventeenth eighteenth and nineteenth centuries (London, 1963).
- E F Robinson, The early history of coffee houses in England (London, 1893).
- H C Shelley, Inns and Taverns of Old London (Pitman, London, 1909).
- A Browning (ed.), English Historical Documents 1660-1714, in D C Douglas (ed.), English Historical Documents VIII (Eyre and Spottiswoode, London, 1953).
JOC/EFR March 2006
MacTutor History of Mathematics