General Meeting Minutes for 1997
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in Royal Holloway College, University of London on 15th April 1997.
- The Minutes of the 48th BMC, held at UMIST, were accepted.
- There were no matters arising.
- The Accounts of the 48th BMC at UMIST: these were accepted (proposed by Professor M J Dunwoody, seconded by Dr D J Collins).
- Invitations to future Colloquia:
Professor E C Lance issued an invitation for the 52nd BMC to be held at The University of Leeds in the year 2000. This was accepted by acclamation.
The dates of future Colloquia:
The 51st BMC would be at Southampton, March 29 to April 1, 1999;
the 52nd BMC would be at Leeds, April 11 to April 13, 2000.
- Election of Honorary Auditors:
The treasurers of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society and of the London Mathematical Society were re-elected (proposed by Professor E B Davies and seconded by Professor E C Lance).
- Election of an additional member of the Scientific Committee for 1997:
Dr P E Newstead was elected (proposed by Professor E G Rees, and seconded by Professor E C Lance).
- Any Other Business:
it was explained that topics for Special Sessions were not chosen so as to match the special research interests of the host department. There was a suggestion that the 50th BMC should be marked by a special dinner, or in some other way.
The meeting closed at 20.15 hours.
Minutes signed by G de Barra, Secretary, 49th BMC (undated).