General Meeting Minutes for 1961
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in Rathbone Hall, Liverpool at 8.15 p.m. on Thursday, 7th September 1961.
Professor A G Walker was in the chair.
- The minutes of the General Meeting held at Royal Holloway in 1960 were read and signed.
- The Chairman welcomed the guest speakers, Professor H Hasse and Professor F Hirzebruch.
- The accounts of the Colloquium held at Royal Holloway were approved.
- Professor E T Davies invited the Colloquium to hold its next meeting at Southampton in April 1962. The invitation was warmly accepted.
- The following retired from the Committee:
Prof. F F Bonsall, Prof. J L B Cooper, Dr N D Hayes, Prof. P J Hilton, Prof. W H McCrea, Dr H Neumann, Dr M F Newman, Prof. H R Pitt, Dr S Wylie.
- The following were elected to the Committee:
Dr M F Atiyah, Dr P D Barry, Dr J W S Cassels, Prof. W H Cockcroft, Prof. E T Davies, Dr W N Everitt, Dr A W Goldie, Dr H B Griffiths, Dr R Henstock.
- It was announced that the Committee would meet immediately after the General Meeting.
- Dr E F Collingwood proposed a vote of thanks to the organizers of the Colloquium. It was agreed that the Chairman should write to the University and to the Halls of Residence expressing the appreciation of the Colloquium for the hospitality received.
- Dr J A Todd urged Colloquium members to join the London Mathematical Society.
Minutes signed by E T Davies April 12th 1962.